This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to handle linker options beginning with -f?
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Subject: Re: How to handle linker options beginning with -f?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 23:37:48 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Fri, 4 May 2001, Stan Shebs wrote:
> Among the weird options supported by the NeXT/Darwin GCC for the
> benefit of the linker (which is open source but not related to GNU ld)
> are -framework and -filelist. Of course, these are problematic for
> gcc.c, which has its own ideas about what to do with -f* options.
How much work would it be to change all places that pass these options to
the GCC driver to use -Wl,-framework,...? In general, I think that's a
better approach for strange linker options than teaching GCC about them.
Joseph S. Myers