How to handle linker options beginning with -f?

Among the weird options supported by the NeXT/Darwin GCC for the
benefit of the linker (which is open source but not related to GNU ld)
are -framework and -filelist.  Of course, these are problematic for
gcc.c, which has its own ideas about what to do with -f* options.
Previously Apple folks made it work by adding special code to detect
and handle these in process_command(), but I'm loath to add any
platform-specific code in there.

I think the best way to deal with this would be a new target macro
that can intercept switches in process-command directly, and with some
sort of standardized result that the generic code can interpret.  Both
-framework and -filelist have arguments, so the new macro would have to
be whizzy enough to handle that. If there is an alternate way to get
linker -f* options through the driver, I'd like to hear about it.
Thanks in advance!

Stan