This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 32->64 bit cross compilers
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: 32->64 bit cross compilers
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:21:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<I think it would be *nice*, but I don't think we "have to". This never
really worked right due to config files that didn't properly check
the bounds of constants, mostly in the older machines. So I don't
think it's so terrible if it still doesn't, especially since changes to
fix these things can easily cause instability.
Oops, of course I meant to say GNU/Linux -> 64-bit Sparc cross-compilation
(the inclination to abbreviate when typing in text fast in email mode is
hard to resist :-)