Re: 32->64 bit cross compilers

<<I think it would be *nice*, but I don't think we "have to".  This never
really worked right due to config files that didn't properly check
the bounds of constants, mostly in the older machines.  So I don't
think it's so terrible if it still doesn't, especially since changes to
fix these things can easily cause instability.

To me it is pretty important to be able to do Linux->Sparc 64 cross
compilation at least, since this (along with NT->Sparc 64) is a likely
desired combination.