This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 32->64 bit cross compilers
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: 32->64 bit cross compilers
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:20:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<I think it would be *nice*, but I don't think we "have to". This never
really worked right due to config files that didn't properly check
the bounds of constants, mostly in the older machines. So I don't
think it's so terrible if it still doesn't, especially since changes to
fix these things can easily cause instability.
To me it is pretty important to be able to do Linux->Sparc 64 cross
compilation at least, since this (along with NT->Sparc 64) is a likely