Re: C++ PATCH: Fix -O3

  If the function we are considering inlining is too large, don't inline it
  If the function we are considering inlining would make the number of
  inlined insns over the course of entire compilation too large, don't
  inline it.

I agree that this would be wrong, but I don't think it behaves this
way.  There's no global data here.

The inline_data structure is reset at the beginning of
the inlining pass for each function.

You'll have to show an example.