Re: codeview support?

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Matt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was searching through the archives an saw this message:

> Which references the possibility of codeview debug symbol support being
> added to egcs/gcc. Can anyone comment on if it's still going to happen,
> what the status is, etc?
ERrr, it never hapened, because nobody ever did it.

> If it's not  going to happen, why not, etc?

Because noobyd every implemented it?
I actually implemented codeview support for gdb around 2 years ago, but
then the system I was working on moved to dwarf2, so i dropped it.

I also remember someone once actually implementing some codeview support
for gcc many years ago, but it didn't work all that well, and nobody ever
did anything more with it.

I"m pretty sure it's not the person who wrote the message you referenced,
however.