Re: gcc compiler and static arrays.

On Thu, 3 May 2001, J T wrote:

> I am using gcc, and have run across a problem with
> static array bounds being exceeded.  I want to try and
> detect if this is happening in other parts of my code.
>  Is there a way to detect the fact that static error
> bounds are exceeded during execution?

I've just picked up Greg McGary's work on "bounded pointers",
(now Secure Pointers), which is intended to detect array bounds
violations. See:

http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/bp/main.html

However, my work won't be ready for prime time (or evening the night
show!) for a while yet.

Bob

Robert Bernecky                  Snake Island Research Inc.
bernecky@acm.org                 18 Fifth Street, Ward's Island
+1 416 203 0854                  Toronto, Ontario M5J 2B9 Canada
http://www.snakeisland.com