This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compiler and static arrays.
- To: J T <jt13477 at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: gcc compiler and static arrays.
- From: Robert Bernecky <bernecky at acm dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:15:52 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Reply-To: Robert Bernecky <bernecky at acm dot org>
On Thu, 3 May 2001, J T wrote:
> I am using gcc, and have run across a problem with
> static array bounds being exceeded. I want to try and
> detect if this is happening in other parts of my code.
> Is there a way to detect the fact that static error
> bounds are exceeded during execution?
I've just picked up Greg McGary's work on "bounded pointers",
(now Secure Pointers), which is intended to detect array bounds
However, my work won't be ready for prime time (or evening the night
show!) for a while yet.
Robert Bernecky Snake Island Research Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org 18 Fifth Street, Ward's Island
+1 416 203 0854 Toronto, Ontario M5J 2B9 Canada