Re: CLIB

    > (1) You sometimes need to specify additional libs manually.  For example,
    > to build a VMS cross-compiler from Dec Unix, you need to add -lm to CLIB.

    This really shouldn't be necessary.  What causes it?

I've never really been certain.  I assume it has something to do with
floating-point emulation.

    > (2) -lexc used to be in an x- file for Alpha, but isn't there anymore
    > and it isn't getting specified, so GNAT won't link.

    I asked what -lexc was for and no one said anything.

Sorry, I missed that.

    I assumed it was for collect2.

I don't see why it would need it.

    The fix here is to figure out exactly which executables need -lexc,
    add an autoconf probe for its existence, and @-substitute it onto the
    link line for just those executables.  It's important not to link
    random programs with libraries they may not need, particularly if
    those libraries are shared.

Any Ada program for Dec Unix needs it since that's how exceptions are
handled.