Re: Major revision of CPP manual - draft available for comment

Zack Weinberg wrote:

> I'm revising the CPP manual for GCC 3.0.  I've put a draft of the
great!

> revision up at <http://www.stanford.edu/~zackw/cpp-doc/cpp_toc.html>.
> I would appreciate any comments.  I'm particularly interested in
Ok, here goes...

3.1, you might like to reinfoce that the expansion happens on replacement,
not on reading the #define by pointing out that
	#define TABLESIZE BUFFERSIZE
	#define BUFFERSIZE 10
is valid and TABLESIZE will expand to 10

I don't understand the argument in 3.10.6 about rescanning. I know
rescanning is necessary, having worked through it yonks back (when
learning how to stringfy things using one level of indirection).
 I cannot now reconstruct that thinking, and 3.10.6 didn't convince me it
was needed.

nathan

--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'