This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] rs6000.c ELF bits inclusion
- To: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] rs6000.c ELF bits inclusion
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 23:52:33 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Isn't this a question of whether config/svr4.h assumes to much?
Why is the right solution to change rs6000.c? Maybe it is or
maybe it isn't. To me this is a broader design question than FreeBSD
relying directly upon elfos.h and sweeping the changes under the rug.
config/freebsd.h is duplicating pieces of config/svr4.h. This
causes a maintenance problem. Is there no way to separate the
system-specific pieces of config/svr4.h from the ABI-specific pieces so
that FreeBSD could shared the latter with other SVR4-based system?