This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] rs6000.c ELF bits inclusion
- To: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] rs6000.c ELF bits inclusion
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 23:06:57 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> W/o this change one must include config/svr4.h rather than
> config/elfos.h, which is just wrong on BSD hosts as config/svr4.h
> contains bits specific to that platform vs. the generic ELF object
What do you mean by "contains bits specific to that platform"?
SVR4 is not a platform? For PowerPC, the only defined ABIs are PowerOpen
(AIX and related to Darwin) and SVR4 (including eABI). eABI is a
derivative of SVR4. There are no other ABIs. What other "generic" ELF
object format is FreeBSD for PowerPC using that SVR4 is a conflict?