Re: g77 Build Problems

[ Problems building g77 on Darwin ... ]

Stan wrote:

> You need an assembler patch to get past this point.  There is
> a copy of the patch in a message I sent to darwin-development
> on 2001-4-12 entitled "Building GCC 3.x for Darwin, updated"
> (sorry, no url handy).

> Several people have gotten g77 to go, there were several
> reports in April.

That's not really surprising - they have to, given that also on this
platform we do not have any competition.

At least, that's what I conclude from this discussion on
comp.lang.fortran two weeks ago:

<QUOTE>
Dave Seaman wrote:

> In article <47g1ets7m82e3gp94bjhkfd1rp387a2atu@4ax.com>,
> Acme Optics  <acmeoptics@earthlink.net> wrote:

> >Anyone have any experience with Absoft for OS X or any other
> >Fortran for OS X? I'm thinking of buying a new Mac to port my
> >optics program too.

> It's not available yet.  See <http://www.absoft.com/osxfaq.html>.

[ And I replied: ]

> Amazing - this is what our customers tell us:

> > You bet that's a good question.  I've already asked them -- and
> > they, of course, tell me to get Absoft.  Sometimes I think that
> > it is literally a conspiracy (let's "break" g77).  Do you think
> > that it would be difficult to perform the port and that's why
> > they didn't?
</QUOTE>

--
Toon Moene, KNMI, PO Box 201, 3730 AE De Bilt, The Netherlands.
Tel. +31302206443, Fax +31302210407,  e-mail moene@knmi.nl