This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: finding strict aliasing problems
- To: gdr at codesoucery dot com (Gabriel Dos Reis)
- Subject: Re: finding strict aliasing problems
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 00:13:23 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: mrs at windriver dot com (Mike Stump), jakub at redhat dot com, feeley at iro dot umontreal dot ca, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
> | Let me say that I think that 3.0 should ship with alias analysis
> | turned on. If we do a .0 release every decade, and if we want the .0
> | release to have the major changes that might throw people, then,
> | clearly, 3.0 should turn it on, otherwise, we have to wait a decade.
> I second both Jakub and Mike.
Oh, I agree, despite my concerns; 3.0 is a good time to make a major
change. But the change should appear near the top of announcements,
NEWS files, and release notes, because folks who like to write lots
of tricky casts need to know.