This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Major revision of CPP manual - draft available for comment
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at Stanford dot EDU>
- Subject: Re: Major revision of CPP manual - draft available for comment
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 05:36:04 +0100
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, njs at uclink dot berkeley dot edu
- References: <20010429154649.B6612@stanford.edu> <20010502050924.A27654@daikokuya.demon.co.uk> <20010501212435.J25867@stanford.edu>
Zack Weinberg wrote:-
> Ah, you're back! How was your trip?
Great, thanks. And as you can tell from the time of these posts, I've
not re-adjusted back to the time zone yet.
> Not in general, only if you can live with having a literal backslash
> right before the quote mark. And I'm pretty sure this trick won't
> work for angle bracket includes. I should probably just put in a
> cross-reference labelled "(except for this dark corner over here)".
> Do you have any suggestions on what to do with the macro section?
> It's the bulk of the text and I find myself avoiding it entirely.
No, not for the moment. I suspect it'll do for 3.0 unless someone is
feeling ambitious. I'd like to get your stuff committed asap.
Did you manage to keep up with any minor doc changes made in the last
3 or 4 months, and merge them in too? It might be worth scanning a
diff of cpp.texi against against early January, say.