This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g77 Build Problems
- To: "Henry B. Hotz" <hotz at jpl dot nasa dot gov>
- Subject: Re: g77 Build Problems
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:11:34 -0700
- CC: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>, darwin-development at lists dot apple dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200104301920.f3UJKdG02293@lists.apple.com> <email@example.com> <3AEE47E8.CB9C0B45@moene.indiv.nluug.nl> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Henry B. Hotz" wrote:
> >/var/tmp//ccREYN7l.s:412:Parameter syntax error (parameter 4)
> >/var/tmp//ccREYN7l.s:485:Parameter syntax error (parameter 4)
> >/var/tmp//ccREYN7l.s:606:Parameter syntax error (parameter 4)
> >make: *** [libgcc/./_divdi3.o] Error 1
> >make: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 2
> >make: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
> >make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
You need an assembler patch to get past this point. There is
a copy of the patch in a message I sent to darwin-development
on 2001-4-12 entitled "Building GCC 3.x for Darwin, updated"
(sorry, no url handy).
Several people have gotten g77 to go, there were several
reports in April.
Incidentally, since you're working with current GCC sources that
are months away from being a release, there's no guarantee that
anything works from one day to the next. Apple hasn't announced
any plans to productize a version of 3.x, although it's reasonable
to assume we'll be adopting one of them eventually.