Re: Exploring the option to submit the CR16 compiler sourcecode to GNU

> 1. The new port should be prepared as a patch to the current CVS source
> 2. You need to submit the patch (in the proper format) to the GCC patches
> 3. You need to assign the copyright to the FSF.  If the port is currently

I would argue that 3 needs to be done first.  If we (the gcc
developers) see your patch before it's assigned, and the assignment
falls through, it will be difficult for us to legally ever port gcc to
the same chip in the future, because we'd be tainted.

You should certainly *start* 3 first, as it often takes the most time.