This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Specifying command line arguments in a file?
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: Specifying command line arguments in a file?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: 01 May 2001 10:46:52 -0400
- Newsgroups: cygnus.egcs
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <20010501045019.82FABF289F@nile.gnat.com>
> Note that several linkers do have this kind of capability (to read lists
> of objects from a file). This capability is available on both DEC Unix
> (Tru64) and IRIX. It seems a useful feature for any linker.
It was Borland's linker I got the idea from. Their make program also
knew how to create such files when invoking the linker.