This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
redirecting g77 compiler output to file, under DOS
- To: "GCC GNU" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: redirecting g77 compiler output to file, under DOS
- From: "H.-B. Schuttler" <hbs at physast dot uga dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:50:34 -0400
I'm using the
DOS / Windows version of the
g77 Fortran Compiler
on my PC under DOS. I would like to re-direct the compiler
output (e.g. all messages about syntaxt errors in my source
code etc.) into a file, instead of having it sent to the screen.
How can I do this under DOS ?
Is there a g77 compiler option which will send
all compiler error messages to a file ?
1) The g77 compiler error output for my source code
is very long (many pages) and therefore, I cannot read
it all when it is sent to the screen. That's why I want to
send it to a file.
2) Under UNIX, I would use ">&" for error re-direction:
g77 abc.f >& abc.err
which would send all error output to file "abc.err".
Under DOS, this construction doesn't work. I'm also
not aware of any other "standard" DOS construction
for re-direction of errors into a file.
Thanks for your help !
Department of Physics and Astronomy
The University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Ph.706-542-2485, FAX 706-542-2492