Trivial question

Hello,
Porting gcc-2.95.3 to DG/UX Unix I need (amongst other things)
to modify and the gcc/configure.in. Then I use autoconf-2.14
to create a new gcc/configure script. However after the
initial ./configure +options in the top directory the
command <make bootstrap> when enters the gcc dir runs again
configure and if autoconf is not around (eg in a new system)
a fatal error is produced from the line
cd . && autoconf
inside gcc/Makefile.in.
Further to this, later it tries to run gperf (see gcc/Makefile.in)
to create two files that they already exist inside the gcc dir
and they dont need recreation. Of course gperf is not around
either so another fatal error halts the build process.
Can someone tell me how: one can run autoconf/automake from the top
dir and recreate all configure's/Makefile.in's in *all* subdirs
so that the source tree taken in such way will work in any system
without autoconf/automake/gperf ?

Regards,
T.