Re: Specifying command line arguments in a file?

Matt Hiller wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Robert Schweikert wrote:
>
> > handle this special case. It would be much better if gcc would accept a
> > command file.
> >
> > Robert
>
>         I take it something like
>
> % g++ `file` foo.C bar.C -o foobar
>
> where file contains, e.g.,
>
> -u ucorr_ -u uel_
>
> wouldn't be a satisfactory solution either? (Or whatever the equivalent in
> your shell is if you're not running a shell that handles this as tcsh or
> bash will.)

Matt,

Thanks, but the back quotes trick is not available in all shells, as you
pointed out and thus I can't use that either. For now I guess I'll revert to
creating a list of my -u options and then stick them directly onto the gcc
command line.  I'll try positing another message to the binutils list to see
if I get an answer why EXTERN is not working as I expected it to.

How does gcc get the options to the linker? is there some secret handshake
that I might be able to use?

Thanks,
Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                   MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
                                              LINUX