Re: Maintainer tools

    1.  Continue as we are (AutoGen 4.x for fixincludes &
	the current 5.x for everything else).  This seems
	not to be a big deal.  fixincludes does not exactly
	stretch AutoGen, so I don't need to diddle with it
	very much.

To depend on an old version of a program is a bad state of affairs.
We should avoid it if that is feasible.  #1 is the worst choice.

    2.  Get a cut-down Guile working on Win-NT (under CygWin?)
	so I can port AG-5.x

This is fine, if someone wants to do the work.

    3.  Require the above class of developers have access to
	a Guile-enabled box.

This is acceptable, and takes no work at all.

    4.  Disable include fix hacking on Windows.  (Don't we already
	disable include fixing?)

What is the situation?  Is fixincludes used on Windows?

If fixincludes is not used on Windows, the best solution is #4, which
may be a no-op.  Otherwise, I think #3 is best, unless and until
someone does the work for #2.