Re: Bootstrap failure of gcc-ss-20010409 in ia64

Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> writes:

> (restating some stuff from private mail)
>
> Daniel Berlin <dan@cgsoftware wrote:
> >Umm, actually, are you sure you applied the patch?
> >
> >The abort location should be moved down a few lines, yet it's claiming
> >an ICE at the exact same location it did before (there is no other
> >abort() in that routine).
>
> Yup, I did apply the patch; I can confirm with this patch in head
> I can build libstdc++-v3 OK; but it still fails for me on the
> 3.0 branch in the same place.

Hmmmm.

Odd.

Can you capture all the output of a gdb session ("script", for instance,
would be fine for this kind of capturing) that just loads cc1,
runs it on the preprocessed file till the abort, goes up to the
add_abstract_origin frame, runs info locals, and
send it to me?

I should be able to determine what's up from that.

The only thought that comes to me is that either the context is wrong
on the generated die (which i know, is the part i need to fix), and
for some reason it can find it on the branch, but not the head, or
that decl_ultimate_origin is giving us a NULL decl, screwing us since
we'll just not generate a die, even if we tell it to.

--
I can levitate birds.  No one cares.