SSA Documentation...

Hi all,

I'm interested in doing some work in GCC, utilizing the SSA facilities
that it has (this obviously is not a 3.0 thing here... :)

I was wondering if there is any documentation that talks about the
stickier side of GCC's SSA representation, like how it represents memory
references, anti-dependencies, and the like.  Also, exactly, which
optimizations currently use SSA (looking at toplev.c gives me the
impression that only DCE is implemented in SSA form...)?  My understanding
is that, so far, SSA is off by default (unless you specify -fssa)... is
that going to be true for 3.0 as well? (in other words, is the ssa code
very well tested or not?)

Thanks for the pointers (code or documentation pointers equally
appreciated),

-Chris