Re: March gcc 3.0 and 3.1 Bootstraps Fail 34% of Time

And then spake Jeffrey Oldham, as follows:
> Notice of code breakages is being lost among other messages in
> gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org postings.  Also, tracking these breakages is
> difficult.  Failure to bootstrap or finish testing because of an
> unknown cause could be more effectively tracked by a separate WWW
> site.  The site would contain postings of failures sorted according to
> gcc 3.[01] x configurations.  It would be important to note when the
> failures cease.  Using this information, a developer could easily
> discern if her failure is the same as that already found.  When it is
> discovered that a patch causes a failure for some configuration, it
> would be easy to point the patch submitter to that configuration's
> failure.

This reminds me of the Mozilla "Tinderbox" site
(at http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=SeaMonkey).
I've often wished I could have something like that for gcc.

--
Brian R. Gaeke, brg@sartre.dgate.ORG -- PGP/GPG gleefully accepted

PGP signature