Unable to compile gcc 2.95.3 on NCR 4.0

Hi,
I'm just trying to compile gcc 2.95.3 on i586-ncr-sysv4.3.03.
Compiling the gcc using an old gcc 2.7.2.x I get a coredump when the file
gencheck is launched. This segmentation fault occured only if the tools
gencheck is compiled using stage1.
My second test was to compile gcc using the c native compiler:

NCR High Performance C Compiler R3.0c
(c) Copyright 1994-98, NCR Corporation
(c) Copyright 1987-98, MetaWare Incoporated

Here I get a compilation error because INT_MAX, which is normally define in
the file gcc/glimits.h, is not defined. Ok, I can correct such errors but
the problem is that normally the definition of INT_MAX should read from
glimits.h but in this case that means that INT_MAX is already defined or no
definitions use in glimits.h is used.

If someone have found the same problem on NCR or another system, please tell
what's wrong and howto correct this problem safely.

Regards,
Emmanuel Soden