Re: gcc-3_0-branch configure.in modified, configure not rebuilt

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 11:33:28PM -0600, Gordon Sadler wrote:
> guess I'm just too used to autoconf by now. However, the point still
> stands, doesn't it? configure, by hook or crook -), needs to be
> regenerated and committed?

No, the topmost configure and configure.in files have nothing to do with
autoconf.  They are /both/ handwritten and hand-maintained.  They're related
to something called Cygnus Configure.

Stop right there -- don't ask.  The few people who have learned details
about Cygnus Configure are no longer allowed to handle sharp objects or
go outside unsupervised.  :-)

Once you get down into the gcc directory, or the various library directories,
then you start seeing autoconf-generated stuff.

Phil