Re: RFA: gcc.c retry hack

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 RDBrown@mira.net wrote:

> The following hack will retry a failing (ICE) compilation after stripping out
> -O arguments (controlled by the ICE_RETRY environment variable).

If adding retry support, please do something else useful: if the ICE is in
the compiler (I guess ones in the preprocessor can't so readily be
distinguished), try to generate a .i (or .ii or .mi) file and see if that
reproduces the problem.  If it does, tell the user the name of the .i file
they should send in their bug report.  Also output a nicely formatted
statement of compiler version, host/target, and options used, to be
included in the bug report.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk