Re: Dynix/ptx

biswapesh.chattopadhyay@bt.com wrote:

> Last time I tried (unsuccessfully) to compile GCC on Dynix/ptx 4.4.x, I was
> told that there are two known outstanding bugs, namely:
>
> a) It won't bootstrap without 'BOOT_CFLAGS=-O2' - some DWARF2 problem (?) -
> whatever that means

If I recall correctly, it was a Dwarf-I problem, not a Dwarf-II problem.
I think PTX is a Dwarf-I target.  The solution was to either use an
actively maintained format (like Dwarf-II) or not use debugging when
building code.

It's probably as easy as changing PREFERREED_DEBUGGING_TYPE to
DWARF2_DEBUG inside your target header.  There's the little detail that
it may hose compatibility with your native debugger if it groks only
Dwarf-I and you'll have to use something like GDB.

RJL