g77 and tape handling functions

Hello,

I'm trying to rewrite some code to compile with g77 that I originally
wrote using the f77 functions topen, tread, tskipf, tstate etc.  Is there
no equivalent with the gnu version?  I've been trying to just use the
normal open, read etc but I'm not getting very far (probably my fault), so
I was wondering whether there were some direct equivalents that I've
somehow missed noticing.

Thanks in advance,

Anna

|   Dr A N Wilson                                          |
|   Department of Nuclear Physics                          |
|   Research School of Physical Sciences and Engineering   |
|   The Australian National University                     |
|   Canberra ACT 0200                                      |
|   Tel: (+61) (0)2 6125 2086                              |
|   Fax: (+61) (0)2 6125 0748                              |