Re: i386 backend

> What is being done to address these issues, if anything?

The i386 backend has been completely redesigned for 3.0, so it should generate
considerably better code.  In my measurements it is comparable with MSVC I have, but
I usually don't get so drastical differences in benchmarks.

If you do have some code you really worry about and you can point out those simple
optimizations missed, I may take a look at those.

Honza