Re: exceptions and gdb

As long as we're on the subject, is it possible to make the default
exception handler do something more useful than just abort?

One possible use for exceptions as an alternative to C assert.  As it
is now, it's not a very attractive alternative.  assert will tell me
the file, line, and test that failed.  throw tells me nothing.