GCC...

Dear GNU and/or GCC,

 I downloaded all four components GCC, binutils, mingw32 and the windows32api headers.  I followed the instructions on the installation page, unfortunately I was not successful getting the GCC Compiler to work.  The response is “Bad Command.”  I want to be able to compile and execute C programs, I am just beginning to learn the language and am generally not to computer literate.  If there are “dumbed down” installation instructions please direct me to those.  Or I would be happy to purchase the software on a CD-ROM if that would make it easier for me to load and use.  (I was referred to your site by my professor Dr. Blaine Garfolo (SFSU)—he assumes more technical ability than I have.)  If you can provide me with any assistance I would certainly appreciate it.  Thank you for your help.