Re: Small update to reversed_comparison_code

> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 01 14:17:26 EST
> From: kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner)
> To: mark@codesourcery.com
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

>     But, over the last several weeks we've had broken 3.0 branch
>     bootstraps on Solaris,

> Yes, but nothing could have prevented that

I think statistics play a role here.  In the beginning testing will
uncover a very small percentage of the bugs put into the software,
that doesn't mean that it should not be done.  As testing matures, it
is indeed able to catch an ever growing portion of bugs put in.

In this case, I think in time, testing indeed would have caught it.