Solaris .so and C++ exceptions

I'm trying to create a JNI .so for Solaris 8 using gcc 2.95.2. I'm able to
get the JNI .so working except when I throw a C++ exception inside the .so,
it core dumps. I'm just trying to throw and catch the exception within the
same .so. The same code works fine with MSVC on Win32.

I've seen previous questions with the same problem, but I haven't been able
to get them working. Does anyone have a basic example of the command line
arguments necessary to build something like this?