g77 linking problem using LinuxPPC 2000

Hi,

I hope that someone can set me straight. I'm running Redhat 6.2 on my
PowerMac G3 under LinuxPPC (2000 distribution). From the installation
disc, I chose to install all of the gnu compilation software (version
2.95.2-1g). When I attempt to compile a simple fortran program:

c  Test
c234567
      program test
      write(*,*) 'it works'
      stop
      end

I get the following message:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I figure that I'm missing a loader header file of some sort, but why
should this be a problem? Is there some other package I need to compile
to supply this crt1.o file?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff