Re: xref info

> From: "Marc Pawlowsky" <marcpawl@home.com>
> To: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:54:11 -0500

> I could not find anything documenteing the --xref flag and its
> output data format?  Does anybody know if anything is currently
> existing?

Nope.  If someone wanted to document it, maybe it would be better to
xml it and invent a slightly more intuitive format.

> I was thinking of extending it to include preprocessor information.

Seems reasonable.

> Does anybody know why the generated file starts with a "." to make
> it hidden on unix?

They are generated with a leading dot to make them hidden on unix.

Doh!  But I bet you already figured that out.  The idea is a `tool'
would use these files, not the user.