Re: DejaGnu 1.4 release

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Rob Savoye wrote:

>   I tested this release with a fresh CVS checkout and build of GCC & GDB,
> (on Solaris 2.6, HPUX11.0, Linux), so you shouldn't have any problems with
> the release. If you find any problems, let me know, and I'll fix them.

Any chance you could investigate the intermittent problems some people see
with spurious failures in gcc.dg/format apparently associated with
truncation of output?  For example, with tcl 8.3.2, expect 5.32.1 and
dejagnu 1.4, I saw a bogus failure on gcc.dg/format/c90-scanf-1.c, with
the log file showing

/home/jsm28/src/gcc-3cvs/gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/format/c90-scanf-1.c:117: warning: spurious trailing `%' in formoutput is:

(i.e., truncated in the middle of a line of output, near the end of the
compiler's diagnostic output, after "form" which should be part of the
word "format").  I don't know where in the gcc/dejagnu/tcl/expect
combination this problem lies, but some people see it and others don't,
and there could be dependence on the length of the path to one's GCC
source tree as well as the versions of the different components.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk