This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Rerunning CSE after GCSE
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Rerunning CSE after GCSE
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:16:03 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: <law at redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Yea, it worked by keeping state for each block and re-using that to speed
> up skip-blocks, follow-jumps, etc etc if I recall.
> I would like to see if we still *need* skip-blocks and follow-jumps now
> that we have gcse.
On ia64, having these enabled is a small overall win (1-2%) when running