Inlineing...

Hi all,
 I have tried compiling a code which contains an
inline function. According to the documentation,
inling means
the calee's code is integrated with the caller.

  But in the assembly source I can still see the
  call _f instruction. I tried compiling it-O3 option
and -Wall , but still it did nit help...

 can somebody tell me why the behaviour is so ??

thanks and regards

V.Brahmaiah