Re: Shared library annoyance with gcc-3_0-branch

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 02:13:22PM -0800, Geoff Keating wrote:
> Brad Lucier <lucier@math.purdue.edu> writes:
>
> > My pain also comes from keeping three production versions of gcc on my
> > alpha box for various purposes and two test versions.  In the future,
> > if this need for multiple versions of gcc for various reasons continues,
> > I don't see how I will be able to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH once and be done
> > with it.
>
> In the future, you will just need to use the libgcc.so that is the
> most recent version, even for earlier versions of GCC.

How do I know it will be the case? Is there a "libgccabi.h" which
defines functions and data strucures exported by libgcc? I know
the interface of libgcc was changed at least once in the last year.
You got away with it because

1. There was no "libgccabi.h" to even check it.
2. libgcc was not shared.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)