Re: Version numbers

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Ugh.  Calling it "update_version" wasn't all that smart. [...]
> I've fixed this by moving both my scripts (update_version and
> update_branch_version) into the gccadmin tree and updating the various
> cron jobs appropriately.
>
> One could probably collapse them into a single script and have cron pass
> the script an argument indicating what branch to change the version
> strings on.

Well, this was the my plan! :-)  Though I want to tweak the script itself
not the crontab, as we can easily put the former into the CVS, while it's
harder for the other.

I'll try to make this adjustment in the next couple of days and then
commit to CVS, though if someone else volunteers (Joseph has been pushing
this <hint><hint>) I'll put it into CVS immediately.

Gerald