porting gcc

Hi, I'm filippo from Italy,
   and I'm trying to port Linux 2.0.38 under a DSP-multiRISC architecture, with the uCLinux fellows...
Now, Alessandro Rubini told me that it will be better to have first GCC ported to this architecture...
Is it possible ?
Where do I have to start from ?
Is there some guy that have some time to ask stupid questions ?
(n.b. for this processor, I have an ansi-C compiler (well, a quasi-ansi), an assembler, and a linker,... some tools. I need only to
do the scalar port (using the DSP, the multiRISC I'll think the day after ! ;-))

really thanks,
   phy