Re: test of 'sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4' & 'powerpc-unknown-linux' still needed ?

Joe Buck wrote:

> As long as you document what you are testing, either type of
> test (with native or binutils tools) would be of interest.

I'll try both then if I find the time (SPARCstation 2 are
sloooooowwwwww...)

> Run the tests if you want.  But if you find that version x.y.z
> doesn't work and x.y.z+1 does, then it's probably almost
> certain that the bug would just be ignored, since the user has
> the option of running the newer OS version.

Mmmm, in that case, users don't have much choice : SunOS 4.1.1
was the latest for the 68020/68030-based Sun...

The question was, is there still any interest in very old
platform like sun3/sun3x running SunOS for GCC 3
(not necessarily for 3.0, but a later release) or is support
dropped ?

--
DOLBEAU Romain               | l'histoire est entierement vraie, puisque
ENS Cachan / Ker Lann        |     je l'ai imaginee d'un bout a l'autre