This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: test of 'sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4' & 'powerpc-unknown-linux' still needed ?
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Subject: Re: test of 'sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4' & 'powerpc-unknown-linux' still needed ?
- From: Romain Dolbeau <dolbeau at irisa dot fr>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:02:51 +0100
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: IRISA, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes Cedex, FRANCE
- References: <200102122357.PAA11038@toledo.synopsys.com>
Joe Buck wrote:
> As long as you document what you are testing, either type of
> test (with native or binutils tools) would be of interest.
I'll try both then if I find the time (SPARCstation 2 are
> Run the tests if you want. But if you find that version x.y.z
> doesn't work and x.y.z+1 does, then it's probably almost
> certain that the bug would just be ignored, since the user has
> the option of running the newer OS version.
Mmmm, in that case, users don't have much choice : SunOS 4.1.1
was the latest for the 68020/68030-based Sun...
The question was, is there still any interest in very old
platform like sun3/sun3x running SunOS for GCC 3
(not necessarily for 3.0, but a later release) or is support
DOLBEAU Romain | l'histoire est entierement vraie, puisque
ENS Cachan / Ker Lann | je l'ai imaginee d'un bout a l'autre
firstname.lastname@example.org | -- Boris Vian