This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0 Branch: Guidelines
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0 Branch: Guidelines
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 00:04:49 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Stupid question: how (mechanically) does one check in a patch to the branch?
You check out a copy of the branch, using cvs co -r<branchtag> .
All the files in your local copy will then have a sticky tag.
Then you apply your patch and test it.
When you finally check in your patch, the checkin message template
should inform you that you are about to check in the modified files on the