This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0 Branch: Guidelines
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0 Branch: Guidelines
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 00:01:30 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> - Some other miscellaneous, but worthwhile goal.
> I'm not really sure what these would be, but they might include
> making the compiler easier to configure, improving the packaging,
> fixing version numbers associated with various things, or what
> have you. Let's take these case by case.
Could improving the documentation be one of the goals allowed for patches
on the branch - on the basis that documentation improvements are unlikely
to break things?
> Check-in Authority
> All the usual maintainers can (and should!) approve patches for the
> branch, following the guidelines above.
Does the "obvious fix" rule still apply on the branch?
Joseph S. Myers