This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Writing Big Endian Files With G77
- To: Harald Dunkel <dunkel at synopsys dot COM>
- Subject: Re: Writing Big Endian Files With G77
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:03:12 +0100
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <3A880C02.600712ED@Synopsys.COM>
Harald Dunkel wrote:
> I have stumbled over a portability problem on writing binary
> files. The Digital Research Fortran compiler seems to support
> something like
> within an OPEN statement. Is there something similar for g77?
> Or is this bad code?
Well, it's non-standard; other than that, it has a well defined meaning
for those compilers that support it.
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)