GCC 3.0 Branch

I have tagged and branched the sources for GCC 3.0.  The tag is
`gcc-3_0-branchpoint'; the branch itself is `gcc-3_0-branch'.

The next major step will be going through GNATs prioritizing bug
reports.  I will call for volunteers for this step later today, when
I've put together some guidelines for how to do it.  Please do *not*
volunteer just yet.  I will also put together some guidelines for how
to decide whether to apply patches to the branch, and send those out
later today.

The tree is no longer slushed.  Thanks to all for being patient
through the slush period.  Although the mainline is now open, it would
be very helpful if volunteers would continue to focus on GCC 3.0, both
by helping with the GNATS prioritization and also with the ensuing
bug-fixing.

I've verified builds on GNU/Linux, Solaris, AIX, and IRIX.  I know
that OpenBSD worked as of a day or two ago, and nothing major has
transpired.  So, we have a reasonably stable base from which to work.
Besides fixing bugs, the major open issue on the branch will be
compile-time performance.

Thanks to everyone who has helped get us this far.

There is lots more to do, but we are making progress!