Re: packed, aligned

<<on an architecture where pointers must be 4-byte aligned (I think sparc is
one such architecture) can not be packed. You could organize these

THat makes no sense to me. THere is no architecture in which it is not
possible to store a pointer misaligned, yes, of course reading it means
reading it in pieces and reassembling with shifts etc on some
architectures, but so what, gcc can certainly do that.