Re: gcc/gcc/testsuite/consistency.vlad/layout

> Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:05:07 +0100 (CET)
> From: Manfred Hollstein <manfredh@redhat.com>
> CC: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
>
> Hi Geoff,
>
> In January you created these two directories
>
>   gcc/gcc/testsuite/consistency.vlad/layout
>   gcc/gcc/testsuite/consistency.vlad/layout/i960-97r2-results
>
> but didn't create any files in them. Are you  planning to do so in the
> future, or  what are the  dirs for? The reason I'm  asking is,  that I
> usually update my tree using "cvs update  -P", but this will nuke your
> two dirs now since they are empty.

These were created by 'cvs add', but I have not yet committed the
changes.  I'm waiting until after the 3.0 code freeze.  This is
apparently a feature of CVS, it can change the repository if you use
'cvs add' even if you don't commit anything.  (Yet Another Bizzare CVS
Feature.)

Once the changes are committed, these directories will not be empty.
So you can safely use 'cvs update -P'.  (However, I'd recommend using
'cvs co gcc' instead, or one day you'll get a nasty shock.)

I sent a note to gcc-patches giving the changes I was going to make.
The full patch is at
<http://www.cygnus.com/~geoffk/gcc-consistency.patch>.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>