-ansi vs. V3

I've gotten a couple of off-list emails about this.

I'm not sure what to do.  I think the right thing is to have a a
different preprocessor spec for C++ than C, so that -ansi can be
handled differently in C++.  It turns out that `g++ -ansi' is broken
on AIX, OpenServer, and probably some other platforms as well.

Another approach would simply be not to use -ansi in the testsuite
when running `make check-g++'.  That might be simplest, in the short
term.  Then, everyone could run tests, and it actually makes sense to
test the default options most heavily.  Then, if users want to use
-ansi, they may find it doesn't work some places -- but they can
always fall back to *not* using -ansi.

Thoughts?